AUTO FLOWER SEEDS
- Set & forget - Flowering cycle is automatic, no light depravation or light cycle changes necessary
- Plant in forever home ( in 3-5 Gallon pot or ground)
- Depending on cultivar, about 100 days to finish
- Will need to be fertilized - Slightly
Auto flowers do need to be fertilized - light in the beginning and increased as plant development and growth continues. Follow the nutrient feed chart provided by your selected nutrient company.
- Drop seeds in water
- Place in a dark, cool place for 24-48 hour
- Place them in damp paper towel until tap root starts
- Plant them in your preferred medium JUST COVERED No more than 1/8 inch deep.
DO I NEED A LIGHT?
To start seedlings in March-May – Yes, the sun isn’t strong enough yet to grow strong seedlings in a window sill.
After June 1, the sun is strong enough to plant seeds or seedlings directly outside.
PHOTO PERIOD SEEDS
- Will need light depravation (blocking the light for 12 hours of the day) to finish outside by Autumn
- Veg period 18 hours light 6 hours dark
- Flower period -12 hours light, 12 hours dark
- Grow as big or small as you want (start Flower cycle earlier for smaller plants)
- Will need to be fertilized
WHEN TO PLANT OUTSIDE
After last frost (first week of June) - Greenhouse can be much earlier in May even April if heated
After last frost – Up to Late June to finish outdoor in the Fall.
IS IT TOO LATE TO GROW OUTSIDE AFTER JUNE? NO!
- If you have a tent, shed, garage and a light, take advantage of the free sunshine! Start Autos or Photos mid-summer
- Photos will begin to flower early fall and you can bring them in before the frost to finish them off on a 12 hour on/12 hour off light cycle!